Chris spent 15 years as an accountant in Local Authorities, specialising in Social Care, before joining the NHS in 2008.
He has a wealth of senior experience in commissioning, contracting, performance, assurance and improvement. His NHS roles have included:
- Staffordshire & Stoke CCGs Director of Contracting (2017 – date)
- South Staffordshire CCG Executive Director – Contracts & Performance (2016-2017)
- South Staffordshire CCG Director of Performance and Assurance (2015-2016)
- South Staffordshire CCG Head of Improvement (2014-2015)
Chris’ professional qualifications include:
- 2011 Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- 2014 MSc Healthcare Policy & Management
- 2017 MSc Strategic Business Management
He led a whole system review of NHS Continuing Healthcare, an area of spend that accounts for £127m across Staffordshire and Stoke and has a direct impact on the care that patients access.
He also led development of agreement of an Aligned Incentives Contract with Royal Wolverhampton Trust and finance/procurement support to the STP Digital Programme leading procurement of the Integrated Care Record.
Chris is married, with two sons aged 10 and 5. He coaches rugby for U10’s and U6’s at Lichfield Rugby Club and can usuallybe found on the rugby pitch between 9-1 on a Sunday.
Commenting on his appointment, Chris said
“I am delighted to have been offered the opportunity to join the team at Combined and am very much looking forward to working with colleagues across North Staffordshire to build on the good work that Andrew Hughes has started in expanding our service offer and developing integrated care for our patients.”