Our vision is “To be Outstanding” – in all we do and how we do it.
We are on a journey towards that vision that we call “Towards Outstanding”.
We were delighted in February 2017 to be rated as a ‘Good’ organisation by the Care Quality Commission – who told us we were the fastest improving mental health trust in the country.
The short film below tells you more about our journey of improvement.
Proud to CARE – our values for the way we want our staff to behave
We have launched our Behaviours Framework – co-designed with our staff and service users – to ensure we live our values in all we do.
The Framework takes each of the four values and provides five examples of behaviours that would demonstrate that we are adhering to those values in our day to day working lives.
The Framework is below:
- Listening to others, considering their feelings and needs
- Respecting and being responsive towards diversity and difference
- Pulling together, helping colleagues out when their priorities are greater than your own
- Recognising your own stresses and limitations and developing ways to cope with them
- Promoting and encouraging healthy living and recovery with service users and colleagues
- Communicating with everyone openly, clearly and appropriately
- Keeping a positive and calm manner when faced with challenging situations
- Providing and welcoming feedback to support good behaviour and challenge inappropriate behaviour
- Taking people’s understanding, viewpoints and needs into account when making decisions
- Being friendly and welcoming, making eye contact, giving your name and smiling where appropriate
- Always putting service users’ first, maintaining professional integrity, confidentiality, following correct procedures, adhering to standards and adopting best practice
- Holding ourselves and others to account to prioritise our workload in delivering high quality care in a timely manner
- Developing our self-awareness by seeking feedback from others, reflecting and acting upon it
- Making the most effective use of available resources to provide best value at all times
- Take full responsibility for patients you come in contact with, ensuring any other needs are properly co-ordinated
- Encouraging team problem-solving to create better outcomes and solutions
- Being flexible and responsive, changing our own practice and behaviours to ensure we continually improve
- Inspiring and recognising others, so they feel they want to strive to improve or do something different
- Welcoming and being prepared to take acceptable risk to innovate or provide safe patient-centred care
- Looking outside the trust to compare our performance, search out best practice, develop relationships and share learning to improve ways of working
SPAR – our quality priorities – the four key areas which evidence that we are delivering high quality care and treatment to those using our services in a way that is person-centred
- S – Our services will be consistently Safe
- P – Our care will be Personalised to the individual needs of our service users
- A – Our processes and structures will guarantee Access to services for service users and their carers
- R – Our focus will be on the Recovery needs of those with mental illness
Objectives – measurable metrics against which we will deliver our goals
- Provide the highest quality services
- Create a learning culture to continually improve
- Encourage, inspire and implement research and innovation at all levels
- Maximise and use our resources intelligently and efficiently
- Attract and inspire the best people to work here
- Continually improve our partnership working
- Enhance service user and carer involvement
Video – Our direction
We explain our future direction in this helpful video explaining more about our vision, values and SPAR quality priorities.